Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Creation of a reading progress feature

Solved

Creation of a reading progress feature

• Hello 🙂

I’m working on a project where there are lots of informations divided into chapters.
    I use WordPress pages and a menu on the left with all chapters and sub-chapters.

I would like to create a visual helper so users know where they stop reading the pages. I was thinking about a true/false field on each page/chapter : “I’ve finished to read this chapter”.
    Edit: I forgot to say that the true/false button should be available in the front-end.
    Now I’d like to “link” this field value to another field on the menu item level to add a specific class on the menu item : If true/false is true, then add a class on the menu item. In that way I’ll be able to change the opacity of all menu items that has been read (for example).

I guess I have to use the load_field filter but I do not exactly know how… I would need the page ID as well I think.
    These settings will be different for all users… so maybe it’s not possible to do it with ACF.

I someone has a hint it would be a great help!

• Hello,

OK, I’ve thought of a new process 🙂
    I’ve created a repeater field to store the pages that have been read.
    On the frontend I use acf_form to display the repeater AND two custom inputs prefilled with the page title and the page id.
    Now what I need to do is to increment the repeater with the values of the custom inputs…
    Any idea how I can do that? with load_field ?
    Here are 2 screenshots, profile view and frontend view

• Ok I managed to do it 🙂

Using add_row after the form submission, here is the code:

add_action('acf/save_post', 'fs_sequence_progress');
    	function fs_sequence_progress( $post_id ) {

if ( ! is_admin() ) {
    			$seq_title = get_the_title();
    			$seq_id = get_the_id();
    			$uid = get_current_user_id();

$row = array(
    			    'page_title'	=> $seq_title,
    			    'page_id'		=> $seq_id
    			);
    			add_row('pages_ok', $row, 'user_'.$uid);							 
    		}
    	}
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Creation of a reading progress feature’ is closed to new replies.