Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Creating separate page for ACF-Gallery field

Solved

Creating separate page for ACF-Gallery field

• Hello!
    I have a Custom Post Type, which has an ACF Gallery Field. I want to create a separate gallery page for this Custom Post Type, where just the Images from my Gallery Field appears.
    I don’t know how to create a link to this page. I read the template hierarchy codex but did not find what i’m looking for.

Thanks!
    Kolos

• i dont understand where your problem is:

• to create single/archive page for your custom post?
    • to create a menu-link to (that) single/archive page?
    • to show gallery at that single/archive page?
    • to create a gallery with popups, not only thumbnails?
    • something else?

what are you using? what code did you have? what are you trying to do?

• Let’s say, i have a CPT: ‘Performance’, with a few Custom Fields (also an ACF-Gallery field). I have a single-performance.php, where you can see all the things about a performance (also the element of the ACF-Gallery field).
    I made a page-gallery.php. In the admin site of this, there is an ACF-Relationship Field (with multiple values), where you can choose performances.
    I wrote a code in the page-gallery.php, which displays the Featured Image and the Title of the Performances, which are set in the ACF-Relationship field. Now, the Titles and Images are links to the single-performance.php. My goal is, if they click on a Title/Image, then they see a page, where only the Images of the Performance appears, and not the hole single-performance.php.
    But i have no idea how to do that. I need like one more single-performance.php, which appears different as the first one. I can write the content of it, but i don’t know how to name it, and how to create a link to it.

• just to get sure:
    you have a working single-performance.php, that print out everything you need.
    you have a working page-gallery.php with featured image and title that link for now to single-performance.php?
    and you wish a link to single-performance.php that only shows the gallery?

if yes, i think this will be the easiest way to solve that would be:

inside page-gallery.php something like that instead of permalink only
    add_query_arg( 'gallery_only', 'yes', get_permalink() );

inside your plugin or functions.php add it to the public query variables

function add_custom_query_var( $vars ){
      $vars[] = "gallery_only";
      return $vars;
    }
    add_filter( 'query_vars', 'add_custom_query_var' );

inside single-performance.php get value that you pass when it come from page-gallery.php
    $my_gallery_only = get_query_var( 'gallery_only' );

use after that if ($my_gallery_only == 'yes')
    to switch between your normal-all and gallery-only view

hope that this is what you need and that it works for you

• Thanks! That was exactly what i was looking for!
    It’s working now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creating separate page for ACF-Gallery field’ is closed to new replies.