Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Creating nonsense field names for Gravity Forms

Helping

Creating nonsense field names for Gravity Forms

• Hi All

I’m using Gravity Forms with Advanced Custom Fields via the ‘Gravity Forms + Advanced Custom Fields’ plugin.

My form setup was going great, but suddenly when I create a new field in ACF, it now appears in Gravity Forms as something along the lines of ‘field_53ea743f2556d’.

I’m really not sure what’s going on and uninsalling / re-installing all of the plugins hasn’t helped. I presume something’s gone wrong in the dtabase, but I can’t find it.

Any help appreciated.

• The field names you’re seeing are the ACF field id value of your field which is how ACF keeps track of them. Each field you create has 2 values, the field name you give it as well as a unique ID value generated by ACF. ACF uses the unique ID value in all forms. When editing a field group in ACF there is an option in the WP view options that will turn on the display of these field ID values.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Creating nonsense field names for Gravity Forms’ is closed to new replies.