Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Creating field in which a selection contains an array

Unread

Creating field in which a selection contains an array

• Hoping that the title makes sense, but what I’m basically asking is whether or not something can be set up to pass multiple values from a single drop down menu.

In my case, I’d like to make pages for game data. There are many attacks which many characters have access to.

So when adding characters X, Y and Z I’d like to list the attacks they know. For example, “blast”. Adding that to a page is not hard if I had a field configured as a drop down with a list of attacks.

Unfortunately, I don’t just want to display the name of the attack. In addition, I’d like to display the attack’s type, power, accuracy and description as well.

Here’s my COMPLICATED SOLUTION:

In the example below I’m using X=Y where X is what a user selects in the dropdown, but Y is the value that ACF output:

Thunderbolt (attack name area), Thunderbolt=Electric (attack type), Thunderbolt=Special (attack category), Thunderbolt=90 (attack power), Thunderbolt=100 (accuracy)

So a user will be typing in a number for the level and then selecting Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt from the dropdowns.

Is there a better way?! Thanks gurus!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Creating field in which a selection contains an array’ is closed to new replies.