Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Creating a notes system like you would find in a CRM

Solving

Creating a notes system like you would find in a CRM

• Hi everyone,

I’m wanting to create a notes system like you would find in a CRM. For example, you may have a call with someone once a week and you update their account with a new note that is timestamped each week after the call. You can then view those notes in chronological order based on those timestamps.

I figure this is therefore some type of repeatable field group but I’d appreciate the community’s input on this before I go ahead and work on it. Has someone done this already? What method would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

• From bitter experience (and hard truths), I’d first inquire as to why you require the CRM. In general, if it’s just you and your sales process is straightforward, sticking to something straightforward wins every time – whiteboard, diary, spreadsheet, Trello, or something along those lines. If you’re just starting out, I find that the “benefits” of any SaaS CRM become distractions and waste time. If, on the other hand, you have more than one person on your sales team and/or a fairly complicated sales process (or a high volume), then look into a few freemium platforms that price-scale well with your company. Pipedrive, HubSpot, and SubscriptionFlow have all proven to be quite effective in their own right. If nothing else, I hope this helps someone who is reading.

• Hi @killerfrost and thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my question wasn’t about a CRM, it was about a notes system like the type of notes system you would find in a CRM.

• I would likely use separate CPTs for people and notes in a similar way that WP adds comments to posts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.