Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Create posts from another post

Solving

Create posts from another post

• Hello
    I have 3 customs post types, A, B & C

I’m looking for to create one post in B and one in C from a post in A.

I don’t know if it’s possible. If possible, what is the best way to do that?

Thanks

• This is not possible with ACF alone. There is a 3rd party plugin that adds this ability https://www.acf-extended.com/features/fields/relationship

• Hello, @John Huebner. I do not look for a relationship between the fields.

I’m looking for to create with some datas of the custom post type A, a new post in the custom post type B and another new one in the custom post type B. Both without relationship with the custom post type A. Something like, I click on a button and 2 new posts a generated.

• Sorry I make a mistake
    “… a new post in the custom post type B and another new one in the custom post type C …”

• Not possible, even the fact that someone has a plugin that will let you go one relationship away is lucky. I would not even go that far for a client.

• Hello @John Huebner. Once again I’m not looking for a relationships between the posts.

I’m looking to create by duplication of the datas from the post A, 2 brand new independents posts, one in the custom post type B, another in the custom post type C.

Once it’s done the post A will be deleted. And no relationship will exist between the 2 new post created.

It’s like duplicate a post, but into 2 different posts types, and not all data will be duplicated.

• I’ve never heard of anything that will do this for you. You will need to build something yourself. I would start by looking at how some of the plugins that give the ability to duplicate a post. None of which will allow you to duplicate a post to a different post type and there is nothing that exists that will allow you do duplicate to two posts and split the data between them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.