Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Create new post – title not saving

Solving

Create new post – title not saving

• I am currently trying to create a new post of the type books. The form shows on the frontend with all the correct fields. The issue is that when I update / add the new post it does not save the title. I found the code below on this page – https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/using-acf_form-to-create-a-new-post/.

I have also looked through other articles showing different ways to do this. According to the ACF documentation this should work, however I have had not luck yet.

Has anyone else run into this issue and know how to solve it.

Frontend Form Code

$args = array(
    		'post_id' => 'new_post',
    		'post_title' => true,
    		'new_post' => array(
    			'post_type' => 'books',
    			'post_status' => 'publish',
    		)
    	);

acf_form( $args ); 

• Hi MWalcott,

Have you updated to 5.4.2? There was a bug on the previous version that was preventing the title from saving.

Regards,
    Tiarnan

• I’m running v5.4.4 and still experiencing this.

Is it documented somewhere where exactly the 5.4.2 issue/ fix was so I can check it on my install?

• I just tested this on WP 4.6 and ACF 5.4.4 and it’s working as expected. I don’t know if there was a bug in the version you were using, but there is nothing mentioned in the readme that a bug related to this has been fixed.

Do you have acf_form_head(); in the template/theme before get_header();

If that’s not it then try deactivating plugins and maybe switching themes to figure out if there is some kind of a conflict.

• acf_form_head() helps with the actual saving of the form. For me the issue is that the post_title input field is displayed on the page without a name attribute set, so the data isn’t submitted with the form.

I did some more digging and for me, it’s an issue that appears strictly when the form is loaded via AJAX, so I’ve made a separate forum topic documenting it more fully, found here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Create new post – title not saving’ is closed to new replies.