Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Create New Post / Edit Post Causes 500 Error (White Screen)

Solving

Create New Post / Edit Post Causes 500 Error (White Screen)

• I’m getting a white screen (500 error) when I go to create a new post or edit a post in the wp-admin/dashboard. Create new page works, but not new post. I’m running ACF v. 4.4.8, and deactivating the plugin solves my problem, but I’d like to use the plugin. I have roughly 1200 posts in my database right now. I am using several conditions where, “Post Type is equal to post.”

Here is an excerpt from my error log. I’ve tried upping the memory limit to 512M, but I’m still getting the 500 error.

ERROR LOG
    mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /path/to/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/fields/user.php on line 228, referer: http://mysite.com/wp-admin/post-new.php

Thanks for your help.

• What other plugins do you have running on the site. The problem is that you’re running out of memory. You have 256Mb allowed to run PHP and you’re exceeding it. ACF may not be the cause of the large memory usage, but it happens that ACF is the place were you’re finally running out so that’s where the error is reported.

• I do have a lot of plugins running. I ran P3 plugin analyzer and it told me that Ninja Forms was taking up the most amount of resources on my site. I deactivated that plugin and was able to run ACF and post-new.php now works again, but it’s unfortunate, because forms and ACF are both important plugins.

• I’d say that you need to take a look at the plugins you’re using and decide which ones are important and which you can do without. I haven’t worked on a site that uses that much memory since the last jetpack site I inherited.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Create New Post / Edit Post Causes 500 Error (White Screen)’ is closed to new replies.