Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Count the number of repeater fields and display the result

Solved

Count the number of repeater fields and display the result

• I’m using the repeater field to list a bunch of artwork for different artists. On another page, next to each artist’s name, how can I show the amount of work the artist has based on the amount of repeat fields were populated on their individual post?

Is there a way to get the number of repeater fields used in a given post and display that number? If this is possible, how can I do it. Thanks for the help.

Also: My repeater field is used within a flexible layout and may contain multiple repeater groups of images. So I’d want a total number of all repeater fields to display next to each artist.

• Hi @ikreator

Normally you could use a count function to count the number of rows of data returned by get_field on a repeater field.

Because your repeater field is within a flexible content layout, the code will need to be a bit more complex.

Have you read over and used the has_sub_fields function to load the flexible content? You will need to loop through the flexible content field to load the layouts, then use the get_sub_field function to load the repeater field data and append it to a $count.

Good luck

Thanks
    E

• Thanks for the response. I was actually looking for some code I could use because I’m not that knowledgeable in PHP. But thanks for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Count the number of repeater fields and display the result’ is closed to new replies.