Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Copy content from one flexible content field into another

Unread

Copy content from one flexible content field into another

• Hi there,

I currently have an ACF field group with flexible content, and in that flexible content field I have 3 layouts.

On one of the pages, the flexible content has been generated like so:

flexible_content
      - layout_1
      - layout_2
      - layout_1
      - layout_3

There has been a requirement to wrap these in another flexible content field, so now a page could be created like so:

wrapper_flexible_content
      - flexible_content_layout_1
      - - layout_1
      - - layout_2
      - - layout_1
      - - layout_3
      - flexible_content_layout_2
      - - layout_4
      - - layout_5
      - - layout_5
      - flexible_content_layout_1
      - - layout_1
      - - layout_2

My question is: Is there a way I can copy the content from my first example into my *nested* second example?

So far I have tried:

– Putting the nested field group on the same page as the non-nested field group, then using jQuery to move (.append()) the fields from the old layout to the new layout. This didn’t work and I ended up with no content, as I suspect the field names were incorrect.
    – Renaming the fields name attribute, although I got stuck here as I couldn’t work out what the correct name should be / search and replace was almost impossible as I was trying to rename:
    acf[field_5e2050834104e][row-0][field_5e2736cdc3c76_field_5df8db9fdf653][row-0][field_5e172af8c42cd_field_5e172e564da75]

to:
    acf[field_5e284aa29a775][field_5e284aa29a775_field_5df8db9fdf653][row-0][field_5e172af8c42cd_field_5e172e564da75]

Can anyone help me with a function or can I do a database query to nest this content?

I have 115 pages of 5-10 different flexible content layouts each, so I’d rather not copy and paste… I will if I have to!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.