Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Convert existing Magic Fields to ACF fields

Solving

Convert existing Magic Fields to ACF fields

• There’s a way to convert existing Magic Fields fields of many posts to ACF fields?

• Hi @genuino

Currently, there is no way (that I know of) to convert the field objects from another plugin to ACF field objects.

I would assume that magic fields saves it’s value data to the wp_postmeta table using the field_name as the meta_key column. This is also the way that ACF saves it’s data.

If this is true, then both plugins will load and save data the same way. All you will need to do is deactivate Magic Fields and then re-create the field objects in ACF using the same field_names

Does that make sense?

• True, but with repeating fields it’s another thing.
    Willing to pay for a solution, repeater solution that is, because Elliot is correct about simple single fields. Should be just disabling Magic fields and activating ACF and creating fields for it.

• i’ve check, i’ve old version of MF, version 1.6.1.1. and there’s no way to upgrade to MF2.

• I’ve been working through two sites I had running Magic Fields. One I was able to convert, though it was difficult. The second proved to be too difficult to do completely. I got stuck on the way MF stores repeated image files, and I’m considering maybe just re-creating the image sections on those posts is the way to go.

I documented the processes I went through on my blog, including dead ends and short-cuts; maybe some of what I found could be helpful. It involved cloning the site, writing lots of SQL queries, and finally running some custom PHP code.

• <quote>I’ve been working through two sites I had running Magic Fields. One I was able to convert, though it was difficult. The second proved to be too difficult to do completely. I got stuck on the way MF stores repeated image files, and I’m considering maybe just re-creating the image sections on those posts is the way to go.

I documented the processes I went through on my blog, including dead ends and short-cuts; maybe some of what I found could be helpful. It involved cloning the site, writing lots of SQL queries, and finally running some custom PHP code.</quote>

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Convert existing Magic Fields to ACF fields’ is closed to new replies.