Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Convert existing Magic Fields to ACF fields

Solving

Convert existing Magic Fields to ACF fields

• genuino

• July 29, 2013 at 11:48 pm

There’s a way to convert existing Magic Fields fields of many posts to ACF fields?

• Elliot

• July 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Hi @genuino

Currently, there is no way (that I know of) to convert the field objects from another plugin to ACF field objects.

I would assume that magic fields saves it’s value data to the wp_postmeta table using the field_name as the meta_key column. This is also the way that ACF saves it’s data.

If this is true, then both plugins will load and save data the same way. All you will need to do is deactivate Magic Fields and then re-create the field objects in ACF using the same field_names

Does that make sense?

• True, but with repeating fields it’s another thing.
    Willing to pay for a solution, repeater solution that is, because Elliot is correct about simple single fields. Should be just disabling Magic fields and activating ACF and creating fields for it.

• genuino

• September 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm

i’ve check, i’ve old version of MF, version 1.6.1.1. and there’s no way to upgrade to MF2.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.