Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Conflict with Amazon Link plugin

Solved

Conflict with Amazon Link plugin

• Hello,

I am using version 3.1.0 of Amazon Link, and version 4.3.0 of Advanced Custom Fields. When both plugins are activated, the Amazon Link admin menu completely disappears. When I deactivate Advanced Custom Fields, the Amazon Link menu appears.

I am also reporting this on the Amazon Link support forum.

Thank you for an outstanding plugin.

• This is due to a bug in the Amazon-Link plugin with the call to add_menu_page.

From the codex:

WARNING: if two menu items use the same position attribute, one of the items may be overwritten so that only one item displays! Risk of conflict can be reduced by using decimal instead of integer values, e.g. 63.3 instead of 63 (Note: Use quotes in code, IE ‘63.3’).

I’m sure that last bit in the () was not there when I wrote the plugin…

Will be fixed in amazon-link version 3.1.1.

Paul

• Thank you Paul.

Very fast response!

• Hi guys

Thanks for the bug report.

I too, will update the ACF code to customize the menu item position. You have to ask yourself, why on earth would WP write the logic to override menu items instead of just ordering them…

• Hi guys

I have just pushed an update to github which sets ACF as a position of ‘80.025’

This will fix any conflict issues for now. It seems the previous ‘add_utility_page’ was causing a conflict issue in recent versions of WP…

Thanks
    E

• Thanks so much for the prompt reply and fix Elliot!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Conflict with Amazon Link plugin’ is closed to new replies.