Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Conditional Logic – "Show this field if" is empty

Solving

Conditional Logic – "Show this field if" is empty

• I’m currently running ACF 5.6. When I upgraded to 5.7 it created errors with some custom post type functionality in the admin back-end (i.e. acf tabs were no longer working).

Anyways, when I try to add a new field to a field group, I’m not able to add conditional logic. The dropdown under “Show this field if” is empty. I’m not able to select previous fields.

I’ve attached a screen of the error.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

• Curious is there are any potential fixes for this?

• Hi wschuurman
    I am having the same issue. Did you find any solution for this? It would be helpful if you share with me. Thanks

• Are you using the most recent version of ACF? There were some bugs in one of the updates.

• Hi John Huebner,
    I am using ACF Pro 5.6.10 with WP 5.1.1 and using Mulitsite.
    I have some other ACF plugins installed as listed below,
    Advanced Custom Fields: Advanced Taxonomy Selector
    Advanced Custom Fields: Font Awesome
    Advanced Custom Fields: Gravityforms Add-on
    Advanced Custom Fields: Image Crop Add-on
    Advanced Custom Fields: Limiter
    Advanced Custom Fields: Link Picker
    Advanced Custom Fields: Post Type Selector
    Advanced Custom Fields: Widget Area Field

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

• The first thing I’d do is disable those other plugins and see if there is one of them that’s causing the issue. The next thing I’d do is update ACF and see if that corrects it. After that I’d start deactivating other plugins to see if I can narrow down the issue.

It sounds like a JavaScript issue. Looking in console might give you a hint at where the problems is if there are any JS errors.

• Just to give an update on this. The issue seemed to resolve itself. It may have been through an ACF update or an update of another plugin that was causing issues. Either way, this is no longer an issue and I didn’t find a specific fix for it. Just corrected itself through updates.

• I am having same issue.Is there any solution?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Conditional Logic – "Show this field if" is empty’ is closed to new replies.