Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Conditional field logic on user profiles doesn't work at page load

Solving

Conditional field logic on user profiles doesn't work at page load

• Hi,

I have some custom fields added to user profiles which are setup with conditional logic. They aren’t hiding based on the values at page load though, only when the values are subsequently changed. The same fields work fine when applied to a post though. The screenshot attached is from a clean install.

As a sidenote: is there no way to have a group of radio buttons default to null anymore? Even when there is no default value entered, the first option gets checked.

Thanks

• Hi @darrengrant

A radio button must always contain a value, that is the point of the field and is why the first value is always selected if no value exists.

Thanks for the bug report. I’ll do some testing

Cheers
    E

• If none of the radio buttons have a checked value the initial state of all will be deselected, until the user interacts with one. I think this would be the expected behaviour in this situation. This can be useful to ensure that a user actually considers their choice or when the question of which option is default is socially loaded – such as gender or sexual orientation. I don’t really get how making it required changes anything in the current setup either – there’s no other choice but to make a selection.

Great plugin btw and thanks for the support!

• Hi @elliot,

I am facing the same issue, i’ve radio button field with three values & some fields show up on Conditional Logic when a value is selected, works perfectly while creating a new post, but when I open an existing post, the value returns nothing & the fields don’t show up!

Thanks as always!

• Hi @Hassan Alvi

Thanks for the bug report. Are you able to export your field group to XML, then zip it and attach it as a comment?

That way, I can test the field group myself and see what the issue is.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Conditional field logic on user profiles doesn't work at page load’ is closed to new replies.