Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Comments Form

Solved

Comments Form

• OMG! I don’t have words to say so amazing is this plugins! It’s the best plugin ever made!

I want put a new input text in my comment form, how i can display this input in comment form and save value submited from users on field in ACF?

• Hi @rhcarlosweb

When creating a field group, just select the location rule: “Comment” = ‘All’.
    Your field group’s fields will now appear on the front end in any comment form!

To display the comment data, you will need to follow this tutorial:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/how-to/get-values-comment/

Thanks
    E

• Thanks Elliot i will try

• Elliot one question… and if i don’t use the default comment_form() i can insert in front-end form a input to save the value?

Thanks

🙂

• Hi @rhcarlosweb

ACF will add custom field’s to the comment form via the actions:
    – comment_form_after_fields
    – comment_form_logged_in_after

As long as the comment form triggers these actions, ACF will add the inputs.

• Hi Elliot,
    Amazing plugin this. I am trying to add the custom fields to the comments form. You mentioned:

> When creating a field group, just select the location rule: “Comment” = ‘All’.

I could not find the location rule: “Comment”. The values I see in the dropdown are Basic, Post, Page and Other. Please let me know how to set this Location rule. Thanks once again.

• I installed using wordpress and the version is 4.4.

• Possible that its in ACF5. Is there any specific reason why AC5 has not been released yet. Is it stable enough for use ? If not, can I copy parts of the code to use it for comments.

The feature I need is:

I want to extend the Comments from to have a Title, Body, Image field. And later want to loop through the comments and show in the post page.

I found the github link and downloaded the files just now. https://github.com/jonathan-dejong/acf5-beta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Comments Form’ is closed to new replies.