Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Collapse flexible content fields

Solving

Collapse flexible content fields

• I love the flexible content field, but when there are a lot of blocks, it gets hard to manage.
    A button to collapse all so you can find the right block you want to use would be helpful!
    Also, maybe colouring / separating the blocks a bit more so you can easily distinguish between one block and another?

Thanks!

• I’m looking for something similar. It would be nice if there was an option to have them collapse by default.

This overview is much cleaner and easier to edit
    Flexible content

@mrdigitalau
    I use emojis (important only in the labels, not IDs) to distinguish them

• Agreed. GitHub has a similar UI in commit view. There, alt-click on expand or collapse will affect all files on the page.

• It has been awhile and I was thinking that this shouldn’t be to difficult and the basic function isn’t!

I created a small function that creates a button for each flexible field on the page and when clicked it toggles the .-collapsed class to the fields. I’ve not tested this in depth, but adding this to your functions.php gives you the basic feature.

https://gist.github.com/mvaneijgen/41fbf1088c5fbc3b948c481cdea93dd8

I’ll be testing this out and if there are any changes I’ll update this gist

• Would like to be able to collapse flexible-content-layouts (field-groups) as well! Would make it much easier to re-order as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.