Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Check if radio = yes and another field has value

Solved

Check if radio = yes and another field has value

• Hi there,

Fantastic plugin and it’s been working a treat on many projects.

I have come across a simple problem of combining two fields into an if/else statement with one reliant on another and would love some assistance.

I have a radio field that has the values “yes” and “no” and then a text field that a user can input a value.

Here is the code”

<?php if (get_field('homepage-banner-overlay') == 'no') { ?>
     <div class="homepage-banner-container">
     <?php } elseif (get_field('homepage-banner-overlay') == 'yes') { ?>
     <div class="homepage-banner-container banner-overlay">
     <?php } elseif (get_field('homepage-banner-overlay') == 'yes' && get_field('homepage-banner-overlay-colour')) { ?>
     <div class="homepage-banner-container banner-overlay" style="background:red;">
    <?php } ?>

Everything works except for the last elseif which I would like to show if the field ‘homepage-banner-overlay-colour’ has a value in it.

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers

• You need to adjust the second if statement because if you’re 3rd if is true then the 2nd is always true. Do the more specific one first.

<?php if (get_field('homepage-banner-overlay') == 'no') { ?>
     <div class="homepage-banner-container">
     <?php } elseif (get_field('homepage-banner-overlay') == 'yes' && get_field('homepage-banner-overlay-colour')) { ?>
     <div class="homepage-banner-container banner-overlay" style="background:red;">
    <?php } elseif (get_field('homepage-banner-overlay') == 'yes') { ?>
     <div class="homepage-banner-container banner-overlay">
     <?php } ?>

• Works a treat, I thought it would be simple.

Thanks for your help, have a great weekend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Check if radio = yes and another field has value’ is closed to new replies.