Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Cheate field visible but not editable

Solving

Cheate field visible but not editable

• Hi!

I want to create a field editable only by the admin on a real estate theme (Houzez on theme forest).

The user should be able to submit a property trough front end, but on the same type of post, a field should be only editable by the admin, not the user.

The field should be visible to the user, logged or not logged.

Is this possible?

If so, how?

Im using ACF pro

• https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-prepare_field/

// replace with your field key
    // or adjust hook as described in above doc
    add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_XYZ123', 'edit_admin_only');

function edit_admin_only($field) {
      $readonly = true;
      if ((is_user_logged_in() && current_user_can('administrator')) ||
          (is_user_logged_in() && !$field['value'])) {
        // user is logged in  and is an admin
        // or user is logged in and the field has no value
        $readonly = false;
      }
      $field['readonly'] = $readonly;
      return $field;
    }

• Running on a MAMP server – Local.

I have tried this code using the key for the field I want to control but, with only changing the key and then logging in with a user not an admin, when I try to edit the record it casts and error. Admin has no issues.

My field is a number and called “Stock id”

Field name: vehicle_stock_id
    Key: field_5f115aa7bf4ef

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_user_logged_id() in /private/var/tmp/8-read-only-stock-id.php:10 Stack trace: #0 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): edit_admin_only(Array) #1 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-includes/plugin.php(233): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #2 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/acf-hook-functions.php(109): apply_filters_ref_array(‘acf/prepare_fie…’, Array) #3 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): _acf_apply_hook_variations(Array) #4 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-includes/plugin.php(189): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #5 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/acf-field-functions.php(556): apply_filters(‘acf/prepare_fie…’, Array) #6 /Users/john/Sites/wp-agent-kaz-20/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/acf-field-functions.php(648): acf_prepare_field(Array) #7 /U in /private/var/tmp/8-read-only-stock-id.php on line 10

Log back in as admin user, no issues but the record remains “locked” and I have to take over.

Wordpress version 5.9

• I’m a little bit late to the party, but the previous post is obvious, I hope @jmcbade has solved it meanwhile.

The Fatal error says it all:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_user_logged_id()

It’s probably a mistyped function name, maybe it should’ve been is_user_logged_in?

• Yep, edited the code above

• Hi, I tried to edit the fields but not editable. No reaction from other field Please help to edit the field

• Hi, I tried to edit the fields but not editable. No reaction from other field Please help to edit the field. this issue in advanced only. i tried a old version its working good. please resolve this issue. i tried to change field name and field type options everything not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheate field visible but not editable’ is closed to new replies.