Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Changing dipslay title of linked items in relationship field

Solved

Changing dipslay title of linked items in relationship field

• Hi,

I can’t get the acf/fields/relationship/result hook to work no matter what I try.

Here is the code I’m using:

function profile_relationship_results( $title, $post, $field, $post_id ) {

$first_name = get_field('profile_first_name', $post->ID);
      $last_name = get_field('profile_last_name', $post->ID);

$title = $first_name.' '.$last_name;

return $title;
    }
    add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/result/name=about_team_profiles', 'profile_relationship_results', 10, 4);

I have tried different variable names, messing with $post_id, returning a hard-coded string but no matter what I do the relationship field always shows null. The number of custom post displayed is correct, that is how I know that the relationship is querying the right post type.

I thought the problem might be that the post type I’m looking up doesn’t have a title, but I tried with another post type which has it and it doesn’t work either.

I’m probably missing something rather simple. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Since it’s showing nothing it does seem to be working. It appears from your description that the fields have no values. I would double check the field names. Also I would look at if these fields are sub fields of another field.

• The fields are not subfields and I double-checked the field names as well. Even if I return a hard-coded dummy value it doesn’t show up and I only get null.

So it seems like the filter is activated but somehow the return $title is not getting through at all.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

• My only guess at this point is that there is another filter for the same thing somewhere that is running after this one.

• I found a solution. The issue was with my configuration based on the combination of Trellis/Bedrock/Sage by Roots.

I was putting the above-mentioned code into the setup.php, but it should go into the filters.php (duh…). Also, I had to inline the function as such:

add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/result/name=about_team_profiles', function($title, $post, $field, $post_id) {
      $first_name = get_field('profile_first_name', $post->ID);
      $last_name = get_field('profile_last_name', $post->ID);

$title = $first_name.' '.$last_name;

return $title;
    }, 10, 4);

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing dipslay title of linked items in relationship field’ is closed to new replies.