Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Change/update fields with preset values on post save?

Helping

Change/update fields with preset values on post save?

• I’ve got a strange issue here.

I have a number of posts that will be created automatically with an xlm import to a custom post type.

The post type has two pre-set dropdown fields – Position and Location.

The import’s values for these fields is different than the options available – and I can’t change the import, or the existing field dropdowns.

So my thought is, would there be a way if I add new fields for the import data, then on post save have a conditional statement that would update the existing fields based on imported field info.

So for example, if the pre-set field for ‘MyLocation’ has dropdown options like:
    Vancouver (West)
    Vancouver (East)

and the importing xml has an address
    “123 Main St. Vancouver”
    which is imported into a basic text field.

Then i’d need to run a script that has “if XMLLocation = ‘123 Main St.’ then MyLocation = ‘Vancounver(West)’.

I’m thinking the “acf/save_post” action would be able to do this, but was unsure how to set it up.

I’m assuming the import plugin will trigger a post save when importing.

Then something like :

add_action('acf/save_post', 'change_location', 5);
    function change_location( $post_id ) {
    $locationField = get_field("location");
    $xmlLocationField = get_field("xml-location");
    if $xmlLocationField = "123 Main St." {
    $locationField = "Vancounver(West)";
    }

Does this make sense? Is it possible to change a field based on a second field’s value?

• yes, the import will trigger a save post but it will not trigger acf/save_post because there are no acf fields in the import.

What are you using to do the import?
    Do they have filters?
    Is it the import application ACF aware?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.