Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Change email validation

Solving

Change email validation

• Hi!

Have a slight problem with the email validation.
    So, in Norway you can actually use characters like æ,å,ø both as a domain and username, but the validation does not allow me to use those characters as username.

I’ve tried using acf/validate_value and other filters, but with no luck.
    Any ideas?

• Actually, it’s not ACF, it’s your browser. I just created a form outside of WP and tested an email field and my browser would not let me submit it. I searched the ACF code and could not find anything in ACF doing validation of email fields. I suspect that ACF is tying into the browser’s built in validation of these fields.

I could be wrong and you might want to contact the developer. https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/contact/

I’d probably use a text field and do my own validation it this was required

• Thanks for writing @hube2 🙂
    Yeah, i figured that they didn’t add any other validation than native html.
    But since the form is created by ACF on the backend, I just wondered if there was any way of changing the output so that I could add my own pattern.

Probably going to make my own js, with setAttribute, to override the element.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.