Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Can't view Vimeo embed on user-end

Helping

Can't view Vimeo embed on user-end

• prithsr

• November 18, 2020 at 8:18 am

Hello,

I’m trying to achieve 1 simple thing in different ways and am encountering issues throughout. I have added a custom field where I want person X to add a Vimeo URL (or embed), and have this display on the user-end. Ideally, I’d want this URL (or embed) to be between shortcodes, but one monster at a time.

I have tried using the WYSIWYG editor and though the Vimeo embed appears on the wp-admin end, it doesn’t when I preview it (also might be important to note I’m using Elementor as well). I just get a blank section, that mind you, enlarges or shrinks to make up the space for the video embed… just without the actual video.

I have tried the oEmbed field too, which works like a charm. But I am unable to add shortcodes to that. Specially because I am required to change the shortcode id per post (e.g. [shortcode =1] , [shortcode =2] …), so I can’t hard code just 1 short code some how (I say this as if I know what I’m doing in PHP. I don’t).

Is there any solution to this? A way to embed a Vimeo video and have it display on the user-end of my site, and **ideally** (most importantly, actually), have it between shortcodes? I tried doing this in the WYSIWYG editor because that obviously makes most sense, but I can’t even get the video to display on the user-end in the first place.

Thanks.

• prithsr

• November 18, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Adding screenshots. Censored some of the first one for privacy reasons. 1 is displaying how the automatic embed works on the wordpress end of things, 2 is displaying how the front/user end is showing everything but the video (i placed a border around this section to see if it recognised something, which it clearly does, it just doesn’t show the video)
    (1) https://imgur.com/a/rad3nMK (2) https://imgur.com/a/SXvMHYN

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.