Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Can't update to 5.3.4

Solved

Can't update to 5.3.4

• How are you supposed to update ACF PRO now?

I have 5.3.3.1 installed and WP 4.4.2

I have entered my license key. The update-plugin-button is then active but it only takes me to the wp-admin/plugin.php-page. There I can view details for the new version but there is no update-button. The bottom info line says: “There is a new version available – Automatic updates is not available for this plugin”

How do I fix this?

• Hi @dropshot

It’s possible that you have the wrong license or your domain isn’t listed in ACF’s system. Please check your license and the activated domain by logging in from http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/my-account/.

If the issue persists, please open a new ticket here: http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket.

Thanks!

• Not listed? What is that? I’ve never listed a domain. And I have never encountered this problem before.

When developing on localhost, is it no longer possible to update?

• Ok. So I’ve checked My Account.

The license key is correct. I didn’t think anything else since after entering it the update-plugin-button on the license-key-page was activated.

But I don’t know about the listing of domains. Here is what it says:

Activations: 41 of unlimited activations

And when I click “manage activations” it returns: “Sorry 🙁 No posts found”

• Hi @dropshot

Did it mean the issue is resolved?

Regarding the listed domains, ACF will save the domains when you activated it. This way it can check which domains have the ability to update the plugin. Since you are using the Developer license, it shouldn’t affect you much.

If you want, you can open a new ticket about the “manage activations” issue.

I hope this helps.

• The issue was resolved with the 5.3.5 release. No problem updating to that version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can't update to 5.3.4’ is closed to new replies.