Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Can't see custom fields on Woocommerce shop page

Solving

Can't see custom fields on Woocommerce shop page

• Is there any obvious reason why the following shouldn’t work? I’m using it fine on normal pages, but on my main Woocommerce shop page, it doesn’t display anything…

<?php

$post_object = get_field('select_sidebar');

if( $post_object ): 

// override $post
    	$post = $post_object;
    	setup_postdata( $post ); 

?>
        <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-4 sidebar">

<?php if( have_rows('sidebar_blocks') ): ?>

<?php while( have_rows('sidebar_blocks') ): the_row(); 

// vars
    		$width = get_sub_field('block_width');
    		$image = get_sub_field('block_bg_image');
    		$colour = get_sub_field('block_bg_colour');
    		$text = get_sub_field('block_text');
    		$link = get_sub_field('link');

?>

<div class="col-xs-6 col-sm-<?php echo $width; ?> block" style="background-image: url(<?php echo $image; ?>); background-color: <?php echo $colour; ?>; ">

<?php if( $text ): ?>
    				<span class="overlay"><?php echo $text; ?></span>
    			<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

Thanks

• You main shop page is a type of archive page, where are you trying to get this value from?

Is it on a specific page/product? Is this inside of some type of a WP post loop while(have_posts)?

• Thanks for the reply @hube2. I’m getting that value from a field in the backend that is a drop-down selector. This selects from a post type called ‘Sidebars’. The idea is that you can create any number of sidebars, add content into them, then add them onto any page from the drop-down. As I mentioned, this works 100% on any standard page outside of Woocommerce.

In answer to your second question, the example I pasted above is in the generic sidebar.php file which is pulled into all page templates. It’s not wrapped in any kind of post loop.

Thanks

• Should have been more clear. I mean, where are the fields located? On an options page? On a product “post”. Since the “shop” page is a WC product archive page then you need to supply the post ID that the fields are saved to.

• @hube2 The fields are located in a custom post type called “sidebars”, and you can pull in any one of these, so how do I get the ID of the sidebar that’s been chosen?

• sorry for the long delay, you’re reply got burried. Anyway, the post id should already be set up by this

if( $post_object ): 

// override $post
    	$post = $post_object; // this set up the post data including the ID
    	setup_postdata( $post ); 

?>
        <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-4 sidebar">

<?php if( have_rows('sidebar_blocks') ): ?>

If this is not working then I’m not sure what the problem is. It could be that the global $post is not defined. Try defining it by adding

global $post;

before $post = $post_object;

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can't see custom fields on Woocommerce shop page’ is closed to new replies.