Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Can't Save Post with Lots of Custom Fields

Solving

Can't Save Post with Lots of Custom Fields

• Hi,

I just updated a client site to ACF Pro and we’re now unable to save a particular page that has a significant amount of repeater fields. My understanding was that ACF 5 was supposed to correct this, so I’m wondering if there is an extra step I need to take to move the meta data into the new schema?

• I don’t know if it helps, but I’m getting this error on the page that has lots of fields. Similar pages save without this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:2
    n.extend.each jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:2
    (anonymous function) input.js?ver=5.0.0:5071
    _runHook input.js?ver=5.0.0:235
    applyFilters input.js?ver=5.0.0:115
    $.extend.apply_filters input.js?ver=5.0.0:1098
    acf.validation.complete input.js?ver=5.0.0:5231
    $.ajax.success input.js?ver=5.0.0:5221
    j jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:2
    k.fireWith jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:2
    x jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:4
    b

• Hi @3pointross

Thanks for the bug report. Yes, ACF5 should allow for much more data to save, so you may have stumbled across a new bug.

Are you able to provide login details for me to take a look?

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @3pointross

Thanks for the login details.
    You don’t seem to have many ACF fields on the page, but you do seem to have many custom field entries in the WP custom field metabox.

These look like they are coming from an old repeater field with a name of exhibitors. Does that sound correct?

If this old data is no longer needed, please delete all postmeta records for the post which start with exhibitors_.

This will prevent WP from posting / saving un used data.

Hope that helps

• I’m having a very similar issue. I’ve got a menu built out using a lot of custom fields and repeaters. Initially our issue in AC4 was that when you would click update it would take a long time to load then refresh and the new fields we had added would be gone. We upped max_input_vars and about every other PHP value I could think of.

So I was hoping the upgrade would fix our saving issue, but it seems to have cropped up a different one. Now when I try to save I get the same “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined” error in load-scripts.php. This seems to go away when I delete some data / fields, but crops back up when I try to add it back in. Any suggestions?

• Hi @jyingling

Thanks for the info. Any chance you can post login details for me to take a look?

Thanks
    Elliot

• Hi @jyingling

Thanks for the login, however it’s not working. Can you test the above details?

• Hi @jyingling

Thanks for the info. I’ve just logged in but not sure what to look for.
    Is this a live site? Can I save the data to test the issue?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can't Save Post with Lots of Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.