Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Can't create new fields in ACF5

Solved

Can't create new fields in ACF5

• Hi,

After updating to ACF v5 I can’t create new fields on an existing install.
    On the Edit Field Group page I add a new field then click update and I get an alert saying “are you sure you want to leave this page.” A spinner icon spins for the update button, but never finishes.

• Hi,

I’ve encountered this issue to. I can’t change Field Groups at all. When I press Update I get the same message as nicgranleese. It just keeps on spinning.

• Same happened here. However, if you choose to leave the page the group will be saved. Hope it can be fixed.

• For me it wasn’t saved. Tried several times and with different browser.

• Update on this issue.
    I installed Version 5.0.7 update of ACF Pro.
    It removes the alert pop up, but the save process still has a bug.
    It saves the new field as a field group.

• Hi guys

Sorry about the popup issue. This has been fixed in v5.0.7 – please update.

@nicgranleese
    – are you able to provide a login account for [email protected]? Please also enable DEBUG_MODE in your wp-config.php file and I’ll do some testing

• Hi Elliot,

Thanks for the update.
    Let me deactivate all the plugins on the site and see if I can find the bug.
    If I still can’t find the problem I’ll definitely take you up on the debugging offer.
    Thanks.

• Ok, found the plugin conflicting with ACF 5 is Post Type Switcher. https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-switcher/
    Deactivated it and all is good again.

• Sorry to bother. But I deactivated every plugin except ACF Pro (latest version 5.0.7) and Custom Post Type UI and Chrome keeps prompting me:

The changes you made will be lost if you navigate away from this page
    Are you sure you want to leave this page?

Even if I hadn’t make any changes to that post.

Thank you again!

• Hi @40q

Can you please perform a hard refresh to make sure the new JS is loaded

• Elliot, thanks for the answer, but it keeps prompting me to save before leaving, even if I hadn’t edited anything. I tried with this hard refresh you suggest.

When I deactivate the plugin everything works fine. Sorry I can not be more specific. I’m also trying to figure it our why this is happening.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers!

• Hi @40q

Thanks mate. Any chance you cans setup a login account for me to test?

Thanks
    E

• Hi all,

When I was debugging the other day I checked Custom Post Type UI plugin, but didn’t have any issue with it. I’ve still got it activated now and without issue.

Nic

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @40q

Thanks for the login, I just added a new field to the last field group in the list, and it worked fine.

No prompt to leave the page, and the test field exists

• Elliot, thanks for your concerns. Where this is happening is when I try to add or edit a post type (in this case, “propiedades”). Even without changing anything I receive this alert. That stops happening if i deactivate acf plugin.

Thanks anyway!! I’ll try to find a solution!!

• Hi @40q

Thanks for the clarification. It looks like something on the page is triggering a ‘change’ event which is then causing ACF to prompt.

I’ll try to replicate the issue locally and find a fix

• Hi @40q

I’m having a hard time replicating this locally. Do you have any scripts which are changing or triggering a change on an ACF input?

• This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Can't create new fields in ACF5’ is closed to new replies.