Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Cannot toggle content in backend anymore

Solved

Cannot toggle content in backend anymore

• Since ACF Pro 5.3.3 I get an javascript error if I want to edit a page:
    “uncaught exception: query function not defined for Select2 s2id_acf[field_5392e03abaa4f][0][field_5392e2b1ec902][acfcloneindex][field_54f69775a91bb] <unbekannt>”

If I want to toggle the content (the little arrow to show/hide the acf fields) it is not working and I get another error:
    “TypeError: e is undefined load-scripts.php:709:1531”

It wouldn’t be so bad not to be able to hide them, but some of my fieldgroups are hidden at the beginning and so I cannot open them and work at all.

I installed the 5.3.2.2 Version again and it is working fine.

• Hi @britta

ACF has version 5.3.3.1 now. Could you please try it out. If you still get the error, could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If the issue disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

I hope this helps.

• Hello James,

thank you for your reply. I did as you suggested and found out that the problem was caused by a plugin (Advanced Custom Fields: Contact Form 7 Field). I had integrated it in my theme so I was able to commented the lines which caused the trouble out:

$(".cf7-select").select2({
        width: '100%'
    });

Since this is only showing a more fancy select dropdown in backend it’s causing no harm :).
    I still don’t really understand the problem behind it as it was triggered by the new ACF Pro Version.

Thank you for your help
    Britta

• Hi @britta

Glad you find the main issue. It’s possible that ACF has a new method to render the fields but Contact Form 7 Field doesn’t have the requirements yet. So, when ACF try to render Contact Form 7 Field, it throws that error.

Please contact Contact Form 7 Field author about this issue.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cannot toggle content in backend anymore’ is closed to new replies.