Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Can you add a Title or HR tag when using ACF in taxonomy edit screen?

Solved

Can you add a Title or HR tag when using ACF in taxonomy edit screen?

• I’m using ACF to create some custom fields for my Category taxonomy. The problem I have is I’d like a way of segmenting my custom fields from the standard fields. Is there a way of adding a Title or some HTML similar to my Yoast SEO fields? (See attached – yellow tint area are my ACF fields)

My location and options:

'location' => array (
        array (
            array (
                'param' => 'ef_taxonomy',
                'operator' => '==',
                'value' => 'category',
                'order_no' => 0,
                'group_no' => 0,
            ),
        ),
    ),
    'options' => array (
        'position' => 'normal',
        'layout' => 'default',
        'hide_on_screen' => array (
        ),
    ),
    'menu_order' => 0,
    • Elliot

• September 10, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Hi @wightfield

Thanks for the request.

Currently, the taxonomy edit page does not show any fiedl group titles, however, depending on the layout option (metabox / no box), the title should be shown.

I’ll add this to the to-do and have this included in the next version

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the Metabox/No Metabox doesn’t show title when used for a taxonomy. I think it would be a nice feature to add in the future.

Congratulations on a nice framework. I’ve tried various one’s and this seems the best.

Thanks

Paul

• Elliot

• September 11, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Hi @wightfield

Yes, this will be included in the NEXT version

Thanks
    E

• Elliot

• October 3, 2013 at 11:15 am

Hi @wightfield

I’ve just been looking into a solution for this issue.

I installed WPSEO, and yes, could see the visual issue of the ACF fields being added to the WPSEO section.

I have updated the JS to append the fields above the WPSEO section, so it looks like it is part of WP again!

As for the title, I don’t think I’ll add this into the taxonomy section as the title looks quite out of place.

I have however, added this functionality to the user edit screen.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.