Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Can we add field groups to non ACF options pages?

Solving

Can we add field groups to non ACF options pages?

• I’m just wondering if it is possible to take field groups created with ACF, and add them to default WordPress settings pages, instead of creating new ACF options pages?

Cheers
    Phil

• Hi Phil,

Not at the moment no.. It could be a feature request tho!

• Hi @mishtershmart

Just to add, you can create a sub options page and place it anywhere in the WP menu.

Perhaps this would help?

• Hi @elliot

It’s kind of what I have resorted to. I went and created a new top level admin page and added the ACF subpages to that.

If there was a hook at the top of the page, I could actually hook the tabs markup in there and have them behaving as though they were a tabbed group of pages. The markup can simply be copied across from themes.php.

I also noticed that I can assign the ACF subpages’ parent property to that of a page that is already a second level menu item. e.g. Widgets.php, or even a page that doesn’t exist such as adfasfdgsdfgsdfg.php. This seems like a great way to hide the pages if you don’t want them appearing in the menu. This would be perfect for usage with the tabs, if only there were a hook 😉

Maybe in a future version?

Cheers
    Phil

• Just an FYI, @elliot, in case you decide to throw the hook in sometime soon, the perfect place for it would be in the html() function in acf-options-page.php on line 480 (by my IDE). It would be just above the form#post opening tag.

That would make it possible to drop in the following snippet;

<h2 class="nav-tab-wrapper">
    		<a href="#" class="nav-tab">Display Options</a>
    		<a href="#" class="nav-tab">Social Options</a>
    	</h2>

I reckon that would be almost perfect for what I’m on about, although it would still only be dropping the tabs underneath the heading (but that is heaps closer to what I’m after, anyhow).

I would also be awesome if we could create more than one top level ACF options page, as there would be no need to manually create one, as I already have, resulting in a mostly empty page with a few buttons on it… unless I missed something and we can already do so. It wouldn’t surprise me 😀

Cheers!
    Phil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can we add field groups to non ACF options pages?’ is closed to new replies.