Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Can I delete images permanently?

Solved

Can I delete images permanently?

• Can I delete images permanently (from the custom field image on the edit page) without having to go into the media manager?

Thanks

• Hi @pjeaje

By default, no.

However, you could hook into the image update_value action and look for an empty value. If found, you could lookup the old value (get_field) and then use the ID to remove it from the DB completely.

You can target all image update_value actions like so:

function my_acf_update_value( $value, $post_id, $field  )
    {
        // do something else to the $post object via the $post_id

return $value;
    }

add_filter('acf/update_value/type=image', 'my_acf_update_value', 10, 3);

Learn more:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/filters/acfupdate_value/

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @pjeaje

No, the above code will not delete images.
    It is a demonstration of how you can hook into the update_value filter and delete it with code.

Please remember that this is a support forum, not a free development service. I can point you in the right direction with functions, docs and general help, but I will not write your custom code for you.

Thanks
    E

• Please remember that this is a support forum, not a free development service.

Thanks I never forgot, I was just asking as i didn’t know what the code did.

• Do we have to use a specific field name for this, to get the previous value? I mean does this apply: get_field($field, $post_id) or we have to specify a field name like this ‘get_field(‘field_name’, $post_id)’. could you possibly write this tutorial, it would be much appreciated. Anyone found a solution on this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can I delete images permanently?’ is closed to new replies.