Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Bundling With WordPress Theme

Solved

Bundling With WordPress Theme

• Hello,

I am new to WordPress development, moving over from Expression Engine, I am trying to create a skeleton theme for future development and I would love to include the plugin and field types to the default theme (mostly so I can have a pre-configured control panel that I can keep uniform on my sites). My question, is there a way to just have the plugins inside a theme so I can easily drag my theme into a WordPress install and just activate, I am mostly just to keep everything required to make the theme run in one place instead of having to maintain a plugins directory as well as a theme. I would love for someone to point me in the right direction.

• Yes it is possible. Take a look here…

http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/getting-started/including-lite-mode-in-a-plugin-theme/

I tried this approach myself, but as ACF and its plugins are in a constant state of development I find it easier to just maintain and update them separately from my themes. Just my two cents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.