Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Bug when options page is a submenu of custom post type menu

Solved

Bug when options page is a submenu of custom post type menu

• Hi,

I added an options page as submenu of custom post type menu like this :

acf_add_options_sub_page( array(
    	'page_title'  => 'Page title',
    	'menu_title'  => 'Menu Title',
    	'parent_slug' => 'edit.php?post_type=[post_type_slug]',
    ) );

It works perfectly but there are a little problem : after the form is saved, we are redirected to wp-admin/admin.php?page=acf-options-[option-name] instead of wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=[post_type_slug]&page=acf-options-[option-name]

Therefore, the option menu is no more selected on the wordpress left sidebar.

Before submit :
    After submit :

• My guess is that this might have something to do with the special characters in your menu title and letting ACF automatically generate the menu slug.

Try setting the menu slug yourself and remove any special characters https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_add_options_page/

You may also need to edit the field group and re-select the correct options page in the location settings.

• Hi,
    Thank you for your answer :).

I added menu_slug option :

acf_add_options_sub_page( array(
    	'page_title'  => 'Génération',
    	'menu_title'  => 'Génération',
    	'parent_slug' => 'edit.php?post_type=[post_type_slug],
    	'menu_slug'   => 'generation',
    ) );

Same behavior : url wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=[post_type_slug]&page=generation is redirected to wp-admin/admin.php?page=generation (So menu is deactivated)

In fact, the redirect url is hard coded at the line 236 of file
    advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/admin/options-page.php (ACF 5.4.6):

wp_redirect( admin_url("admin.php?page={$plugin_page}&message=1") );

• I tested it and yes I’m seeing the same thing. I have reported the issue to the developer.

• Hi @unikmedia – are you using ACF + options page add-on or ACF PRO?

• If it helps, I tested it an ACF Pro with ACF the only thing running on the site and an unmodified 2015 theme.

• Elliot has informed me that this is corrected and the fix will be in the next release.

If you want to fix this yourself now
    pro/admin/options-page.php line 236
    change

wp_redirect( admin_url("admin.php?page={$plugin_page}&message=1") );

to

wp_redirect( add_query_arg(array('message' => '1')) );

• Perfect !

Thank you both 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bug when options page is a submenu of custom post type menu’ is closed to new replies.