Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Blocks front-end vs admin

Helping

Blocks front-end vs admin

• Hello everyone,

I have not developed for WP for quite a while and I see that blocks continue to make their way forward. I had always used ACF in the past and now I have a new WP project… so here I am again.

I have a few questions that are perhaps less about code, but more about best practices:

– Are rendered blocks in the admin supposed to be exactly the same as what the front-end would render? It seems to me that some blocks are rather complex for the admin – eg. full window slider.

– Is there a way to render an admin version of a block vs a front-end version? Both versions would be similar but perhaps the admin version simpler with less functionality? I guess I could loop through each block and load a different template based on the blockName, or maybe in the block template, I could check for some var?

I see that I can mix blocks and metaboxes, but that it looks a bit messy with Gutenberg on – are most ACF users disabling Gutenberg? If so, what’s a good way to manage what pages have Gutenberg enabled/disabeld? I don’t see an option in ACF to hide it.

• Price Gadgets is the first platform of all type mobile price and review. You can find all gadgets’ prices and specs here on an easy basis. We provide all types of brand mobile and gadgets price with all specs.You all get the latest tech news with review of mobile.When any apps and games are launched then you first know about them here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.