Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg Block concept for Bootstrap 4 with new ACF Pro 5.9 feature (InnerBlock)

Unread

Block concept for Bootstrap 4 with new ACF Pro 5.9 feature (InnerBlock)

• I’ve been thinking for a long time about the best way to create ACF Blocks that will work with Bootstrap 4.
    Before 5.9.0 it was a bit harder, but now we have InnerBlock and that’s “game changer” in this case.

My concept:
    1. We can create an empty CONTAINER block with the class container
    2. We can create an empty ROW block with the class row

Now we can use a CONTAINER block and put our ROW block inside.
    This is relatively flexible.

Right now I’m a bit confused about columns as I don’t want to use core/columns. The goal is to create this only with ACF blocks.
    Note that we are only talking about backend and editing in wp-admin (front-end is a different story, doesn’t matter now).

Of course we can create anothers blocks with class col-* but these blocks will be one above the other (not very convenient for non-technical users to imagine)

I’ve seen something like an InnerBlock template in ACF documents, but I don’t know how to use it only with ACF blocks. The ACF documentation shows only an example that uses core column blocks (https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_register_block_type/#examples – section “template”)

Using a repeater is not a solution. Bootstrap and ACF repeater was problematic in the perspective of changes – it has been discussed many times here.
    Using pre-made blocks with WYSYWIG is also not a solution as it is not flexible.

We now have <InnerBlocks> so figured we could use it to solve these problems?
    Or maybe you have a completely different idea about it?
    Or maybe someone just got the idea how to create ACF blocks that will be displayed in columns in the backend?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.