Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO bi directional relationship update via code

Solving

bi directional relationship update via code

• I made a relationship field between two post types and it works with the hook function i found on the acf site. When one post is saved the other post is updated to reflect the relationship.
    Based on this:
    https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/bidirectional-relationships/

But I imported some posts and they have the relationship on one side but the other side needs to be “updated”.
    I can make it work by going to each post individually and pressing update.
    This takes long.

i tried running a wp_query to get all the posts and do wp_update_post, hoping this would trigger acf, but it doesnt. How can i trigger acf to save in a loop.

Basically I need to get the acf hook update_value to run….

• I got it working by looping through them all, getting the relationship field info and then just saving it right back via update_field…

But there must be a way to easily get the hook update_value to run manually.
    I seem to only get it working when i press update post, but not when I use wp_update_post.

I also tried wp_insert_post. Nope.

• Vince

• September 18, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Hi,
    I have the same issue…
    Did you find a way to refresh/update relationship without open and save each post?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.