Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Best way to associate form submittal with specific form in acf/save_post action

Helping

Best way to associate form submittal with specific form in acf/save_post action

• I have a page with several ACF forms to update user data. It’s basically a checklist where we’re gathering user data. With some of those forms I’d like to send an email the first time they’re submitted.

I’ve added an action to ‘acf/save_post’. I see in the forums how to have that fire only on specific posts. How do I change that so that it only fires on specific form submittals? Right now I’m checking if that field has a value and the next field in the list doesn’t have a value. I’m assuming there is a better way.

function specific_field_submittal_notification( $post_id ) {
    		$current_user = get_field_objects(get_current_user_id());
    		if ($current_user['field_1']['value'] && !$current_user["field_2"]["value"]){
    			//wp_mail code here...
    		}
    }
    add_action('acf/save_post' , 'specific_field_submittal_notification');
  • I ended up changing this to a pre-save filter (I needed to change some of the values) and I looked for specific custom fields and called my mail functions from there.

function custom_acf_pre_save_post($post_id) {
    	if($_POST['acf']['field_5a0dc6820fd89'] && ($_POST['acf']['field_5a0dc6820fd89'] != get_field('custom_field', $post_id)){
    		//wp_mail code here...
    	}
    	return $post_id;
    }
    add_filter('acf/pre_save_post' , 'custom_acf_pre_save_post', 10, 1);
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Best way to associate form submittal with specific form in acf/save_post action’ is closed to new replies.