Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues best search plugin for custom fields?

Solved

best search plugin for custom fields?

• wordpress by default can not search content of custom fields. i tried 2 plugins:

“relevanssi”
    (own database, highlights search-results in excerpt)

“Search Everything”
    (highlights search-results in excerpt)

so both plugins do their job but what i need is:

the searched word is highlighted in the excerpt of the search page even it is on the end of the page, maybe with 20 words before and after like “… lorem ipsum dolor sit emt pepsi lorem ipsum dolor sit amet …”.

• sorry double post …

• Hi @herrfischer

I’m not sure I understand your question completely, but I have used the relevanssi plugin to create custom excerpts that have the … before and after the keyword which is highlighted.

Perhaps you did not tick the option for custom excerpts in this plugin?

• hello,
    i ticked the option “Create custom search result snippets” and at “Length of the snippet” i have 200 characters. but when i have a page with the text

Sowohl Überschriften, Absatz- und Zeichenanzahl als auch Themenbereiche lassen sich auswählen und entsprechend den Bedürfnissen der Publikation anpassen, für den der Text vorgesehen ist. Die optische Wirkung von größeren Textmengen in verschiedenen Schriftarten und Ausrichtungen lässt sich innerhalb von Minuten prüfen, was beispielsweise bei der Herstellung von Büchern oder Broschüren sowohl für den Setzer als auch für den Kunden von Vorteil ist.

this are 300 characters. so i want the search result for “Broschüren” like

… in verschiedenen Schriftarten und Ausrichtungen lässt sich innerhalb von Minuten prüfen, was beispielsweise bei der Herstellung von Büchern oder Broschüren sowohl für den Setzer als auch für den Kunden von Vorteil ist.

but at the moment it is like:

Sowohl Überschriften, Absatz- und Zeichenanzahl als auch Themenbereiche lassen sich auswählen und entsprechend den Bedürfnissen der Publikation anpassen, für den der Text vorgesehen ist. Die optische Wirkung von größeren Textmengen in verschiedenen …

sadly the searched word “Broschüren” is not shown …

• I’ll agree in saying that relevanssi is a good plugin for extended search in WP.. I do think however that this is very much a question for the relevanssi support forums rather than ACF 🙂

• searched the forum and i think it is not possible for custom fields. the search does what i want but only if the searched word is no custom field entry. means he can not show the custom field searched word highlighted in the search excerpt.

• If someone is looking for a search plugin for custom fields I recommend this:
    https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/acf-better-search/

This plugin adds to default WordPress search engine the ability to search by content from selected fields of Advanced Custom Fields plugin.

Everything works automatically, no need to add any additional code.

• I’d be interested to know how it performs on pages/posts for a large site that have an extremely large number of fields to search. Most search plugins I’ve found for doing this do not scale well due to the poor efficiency (MySQL) of trying to search to many columns using %LIKE%.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘best search plugin for custom fields?’ is closed to new replies.