Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Being thick

Solved

Being thick

• I’m definitely being thick. I’m newish to wordpress but super-new to ACF.

I’ve recently taken on a website using it, and I can see that for the scrolling homepage banners, the previous developer used ACF to set custom text fields (so each banner has a labelled tab).

Unfortunately, they left the last one blank and I can’t for the life of me see where to edit the display text. Any pointers? Can’t see it in wp-admin or functions.php or similar 🙁

• Might need some more information to help you out with this one. You can start by looking at the ACF field groups, ad find out which one is responsible for the sliders fields. Then you can see the rules for that field group to find out where the fields are being displayed. If I had created this, I would name the field group something like “Slider-Options” and assign these fields to the Home page. Actually I would create a custom post type for the sliders, but thats a personal preference and doesn’t sound like what’s happening here or else there would be a “Sliders” option in the left tabs.

Another thing I would check, as you’re still new to WP, there is a tab on the top right of every page labeled “Screen Options”. Your slider options may just be hidden from the home page with the screen options.

• I absolutely was being an idiot – I was tearing my hair out over the different places the sliders had been installed and completely failed to tick ‘Custom Fields’ under the Screen Options. Total embarrassment at my own ineptitude – thank you very much for the help 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Being thick’ is closed to new replies.