Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Bandcamp player

Solving

Bandcamp player

• Hello,
    I’ve tried several possibilities to insert the bandcamp player as dynamic content in a custom post type using CPTUI, ACF PRO and Elementor Pro but can’t make it work.
    From Bandcamp I can get three option : iframe embed, wp shortcode or direct link (but this last one is more for e-mail sharing).
    As custom field I’ve tried WYSIWYG Editor custom field, both visual and/or text only with the iframe code or the wp shortcode, using several widgets that offers the options for dynamics content ACF Fields (dynamic contents, shortcode enabled), Text Editor Classic Elementor, or the shortcode widget. All I can get is either just a link or the shortcode itself as text.
    The oEmbed and URL didn’t make it but i’ve tried anyway.

When editing the single pos template in Elementor, putting the iframe directly into a text editor works, but as it is a custom post type I need it to work with dynamic content.

Can someone replicate that issue or help me ?
    Thank you.

• The only thing that I can do to help you is to tell you what the data in an ACF field is, but I cannot tell you how to get this data to work in Elementor.

Elementor bypasses ACF functions and pulls the data directly from the database. Because of that there isn’t any way for ACF to do what it needs to do to format the values correctly the way it would do when calling acf function like get_field().

A WYSIWYG field holds content like the main content editor. Elementor would have to apply “the_content” filters to that content for get it formatted correctly.

To use a shortcode Elementor would have to call do_shorcode() on the content of the field.

Like I said, I can tell you the data stored in the DB for each type of field, but the only place you’re going to get an answer to how to use that data is by getting help with Elementor.

• Thank you for this answer. I was wondering if this was the right place.
    Anyway, you gave me a starting point to understand and keep on digging on the Elementor side.
    Best.

• When I get the solution let me know if it would be nice to post it here so this thread may be helpful for others. Event on if it’s more an Elementor issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.