Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Automatic Relationship between Post Types

Helping

Automatic Relationship between Post Types

• Hello,

I went through some documentation such as this one https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/bidirectional-relationships since I am not too good in coding, I am not sure if this is what I need to achieve what I am trying to setup on my website and need some guidelines to reach my objectives.

I have 2 post types:

1. Bid Requests
    2. Bid Proposals

I created a bidrectional relationship between each of these post types:

bid_request_related_bid_proposal – This field is a relationship field but hidden and is to link a bid proposals to the bid request.
    bid_proposal_related_bid_request – This field is a relationship field but hidden and is to link a bid request to bid proposals.

Now let me try to better explain what I am trying to achieve.

A user will submit a bid request with his requirements etc. On this same bid request post single page, I will add a form for other users to submit bid proposals for the current bid request post.

Meaning that, each submitted bid proposal will be a custom post and such custom post should automatically be added as relationship to the current bid request post (post ID).

I don’t want users to need to search/select the bid request when submitting their bid proposals but the bid proposal to be automatically connected as a relationship posts through the relationship fields mentioned above.

Hope that make sense!

• Try a plugin called: ACF Post-2-Post

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.