Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Array to string conversion error.

Solving

Array to string conversion error.

• I am receiving a Warning array to string conversion error.

I have a simple field set up – background_image type=image: <div class=”fullwidth-container” style=”background-image:<?php the_field(‘background_image’); ?>”>

I have several fields that use the image array which work perfectly so I am wondering why on earth it doesn’t like this particular field. Help/advice would be massively appreciated! Cheers.

• What is background_image set to return as? If it’s set to return an array, what you need in for the way you’re using it in the example is the URL. Depending on what size you’re trying to pull, what that looks like changes but it’d likely be something comparable to:

<?php $background = get_field('background_image'); ?>
    <div class="fullwidth-container" style="background-image: url(<?php echo $background['url']; ?>);">

Instead of $background[‘url’], it may be something like $background[‘sizes’][‘large’] or comparable.

• Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I’ve tried returning as an array and a URL I’ve also tried to render any image as a stand alone pic – no background image – but the error remains.

• Is there another field on the same page/post with the same field name? I’ve had this happen to me before, and the second field instance will override the first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.