Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Are "Message" fields filterable?

Solved

Are "Message" fields filterable?

• I have a message field and I can’t name it.

When I inspect it, I get a valid field ID, but when I try to add a filter for that ID it never gets called.

acf/load_value/name=field_5b88597eb0210

I’m guessing that Message fields can not be filtered.

• I haven’t personally tried filtering a message field, however your syntax looks slightly incorrect.

See this page: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-load_value/

Specifically:

// acf/load_value/name={$field_name} - filter for a specific value load based on it's field name
    add_filter('acf/load_value/name=my_select', 'my_acf_load_value', 10, 3);

// acf/load_value/key={$field_key} - filter for a specific field based on it's name
    add_filter('acf/load_value/key=field_508a263b40457', 'my_acf_load_value', 10, 3);

You have name in your code where you are passing a field key.

• Thank you, I had two issues with my code…

First (as you noted) I was using “name=field_key” which was wrong, it should have been “key=field_key”.

Second, “load_value” is not filtered for messages. However, “load_field” is and I was able to use that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.