Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Anyway to Create a Page/Post with Populated Fields from Another Page?

Solving

Anyway to Create a Page/Post with Populated Fields from Another Page?

• So I am trying to build a pretty generic shopping cart with advanced custom fields so it’s as easy on my client as possible to do this. So I can make the product grid using ACF and my client can create a product using the Repeater function, but I am hoping to cut the extra step of my client having to create a product in the product grid (example – http://www.yourwebsite/store/) and then having to create a redundant post/page with the product details that the product grid links to when a customer is interested.

Anyway to do this using ACF?

Thanks.

• Why not use a custom post type (products) with a rewrite to store. That way your /store url will be the archive page for your products. The client can just add products as custom posts, complete with your mapped ACF fields, and they will automatically pull into that post type archive, i.e. /store.

• Thanks, I’ll try that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyway to Create a Page/Post with Populated Fields from Another Page?’ is closed to new replies.