Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

Solved

An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

• So this is a tricky one because it seems to be browser-specific… Some details:

* I have a front end form which users use to create posts. It works perfectly, except for on Chrome, PC where I get the error in this thread’s title
    * Chrome PC works fine when uploading via the media library in WP-Admin, so the problem is localised to my front-end form.
    * I have no JS errors in the console when uploading with the front-end form
    * I have WP_DEBUG on and its writing to a file and that file has no PHP errors, just a few unrelated ‘Notice’ items
    * I saw some other posts about checking the response of the async-upload file, but I just get “Failed to load response data”

The fact that it’s only not working in PC Chrome, makes me think its a JS issue which is weird because I’m not getting any JS errors in console…

Front end form screenshot: http://d.pr/i/ddNbqh

The plugins I have active are:
    Duplicate Post
    FeedWordPress
    FooBox HTML & Media Lightbox
    Post Expirator
    Really Simple SSL
    Regenerate Thumbnails
    Search Everything
    WP Migrate DB Pro
    WP Migrate DB Pro Media Files

I’m running WP 4.8 and its PHP 5.6.30

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks 🙂

• FYI: Resolved this… Turns out it had to do with the front-end login form. The live site was on SSL and my dev site was not.

As such, $user_signon = wp_signon( $info, false ); was at the root of the problem. The false value was saying that the cookie mustn’t be secure, which because the site WAS on SSL, was not storing the cookie correctly and thus not allowing the upload to happen.

• Well this problem sometime becomes very complicated. This may cause for various reasons. please check out this detailed article in order to solve the issue. I am pretty sure you will find the solution –
    How to solve the problem “An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.’ is closed to new replies.