Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests An comment to relation

Helping

An comment to relation

• Hi guys,

I’m working on project with a kind of movie database. I’m using ACF and relation field to connect custom posts (movies and actors).

Does anybody know way to add an comment to every relation? I mean, for an example, I’ve a field called “Actors” and it’s relational. I wanna add a string data after connecting new post and use it in front-end. It’s gonna describe a role of an actor.

Any free or paid solutions?

• I’m assuming that you’ll have multiple actors per movie. It’s just a suggestions but if I wanted to add additional information about a relationship I would probably use a repeater field and then use a Post Object field instead of a Relationship filed.

The drawback of doing this is that it would be far more complicated to do a reverse relationship query if you want to show what movies each actor is in on the single actor page.

If you want to use reverse a reverse relationship query the problem could be remedied by adding a acf/save_post filter that takes the actors in the repeater field and puts them into a standard wp meta field with the WP update_post_meta() function.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘An comment to relation’ is closed to new replies.