Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Ampersand: encoding '&' as '& amp;' lost upon post update

Solving

Ampersand: encoding '&' as '& amp;' lost upon post update

• I have found that when using an ampersand within a text field, the HTML output is incorrect after updating a post.

Steps to reproduce:

(Please note, I have left a space between the & and amp; to visually demonstrate)

Using a basic text field and including something like:

this & amp; that

After the post is published or updated, the field from the admin changes to:

this & that

At this point the output seems to be correct as the HTML will show as:

this & amp; that

If you now go in to update your post (click update)…the ampersand now reverts the HTML output to:

this & that

In my understanding this is incorrect as the ampersand is not escaped. It appears the problem occurs when the text field removes the escaped ampersand and replaces it with a ‘&’. When updating the post the HTML output does not escape the ampersand.

=============

Note: I have found a work-a-round by using htmlentities. Not sure if this is the desired solution.

• Please open a new support ticket for this bug so that they can pass it along to the developer https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

• Thanks John, I have gone ahead and opened a support ticket as suggested.

• Can we ( the public ) all see the solution please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ampersand: encoding '&' as '& amp;' lost upon post update’ is closed to new replies.