Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Alternative to list display?

Solving

Alternative to list display?

• I have a custom post type (clinics) which has a custom field (doctors). I would like to display this custom field as a list (there’s 45 doctors) on my clinic single custom post type template.

So far so good, I can pull everything in no problem. But I’m struggling to work out a viable method to display the list of 45 doctors as either a grid, columns or a table instead of just one loooong unordered list. To be clear…this is for the front-end, NOT for display in the admin.

Has anyone found a good way to display a long list of items in a way other than one vertical list?

If it helps, I’m using OceanWP and Elementor (not PRO)

• is this just so you can search through and read it easier? For long lists like that I go with a repeater, that way it’s easier for me to keep track of whats already been selected and I can rearrange easier.

• It’s for better display and organization, yes.

I’m not sure I want to pass on a Pro yearly cost to my client that they would have to maintain just for this one use. Would a repeater work if this particular custom field is a relationship field pulled from another custom post type (doctors)?

This is what I am trying to achieve, or something like it:

• Fair. I forgot repeater is on the pro only. I don’t know if the standard one has a viable option.

• I was actually able to find a work-around using an Elementor add-on posts grid widget. Works like a charm with a custom post type since i only needed to pull in the permalink of the posts. Thanks again for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to list display?’ is closed to new replies.