Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Allow ordering ACF field groups in sidebar meta

Solving

Allow ordering ACF field groups in sidebar meta

• I was wondering whether it would be possible to order field groups designated as “side meta” be ordered to be shown above the WordPress core metaboxes? Currently order number 0 displays the custom field group after WordPress taxonomy metaboxes and before the article image metabox.

Is there a way to set custom field groups above everything else, or is this something that hasn’t been implemented (yet)?

• Hi @ojrask

I don’t believe that WP allow the add_metabox function to set content above these core sidebar boxes.

Perhaps a JS workaround can be included in the future, however, for now I don’t have a core solution.

Thanks
    E

• I think WPAlchemy (a metabox handler library) allows custom metaboxes above the core sidebar metaboxes. Not certain how it achieves this though. Perhaps by directly manipulating the global metabox data array before outputting the metaboxes?

JavaScript could make a feasible workaround too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Allow ordering ACF field groups in sidebar meta’ is closed to new replies.