Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Allow admin to sort a list using Repeater field

Solving

Allow admin to sort a list using Repeater field

• I want to be able to drag and drop a list of custom items in any order, similar to the WordPress navigation menu interface but instead of menu items each of my items simply needs to be uneditable text which I will define. The ideal scenario would be the following:

• A repeater field with minimum and maximum of 3 sub-fields
    • Each sub-field contains 1 select field
    • Each select field contains only 1 value : label
    • Each select field is disabled

Image of what it may look like:
    example

Notice that:

1. Each select subfield has only one value
    2. Each select subfield has a distinct value
    3. Each select subfield is uneditable/disabled

If anyone has insight on how I may accomplish this either using the setup I proposed or perhaps using a different setup that may be more efficient I’d appreciate any input.

Thank you!

• Hi @cfxd

Thanks for the question.

I’m sure this will be possible by hooking into the acf/prepare_field filter and modifying the sub field’s value / disbaled settings.

Something like this should work:

$GLOBALS['acf_item_count'] = 0;

function acf_prepare_field_item( $field ) {

// set disabled
    	$field['disabled'] = 1;

// set value
    	if( empty($field['value']) ) {

// incease count
    		$GLOBALS['acf_item_count']++;

// set value
    		$field['value'] = $GLOBALS['acf_item_count'];

}

// return
    	return $field;

}

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_5600966e8fad1', 'acf_prepare_field_item', 10, 1);

The only issue is that by setting a select field to ‘disabled’, it won’t save it’s value… perhaps instead, you will need to change the $field['class'] to ‘disabled’, and then add some CSS / JS to prevent the select field from being clicked / changed.

Good luck

• I’m kind of interested in hearing how this worked?
    It seems to me no add-ons work with the newest, and I’d like to customize my repeater field to be more mobile-friendly, which this looks like it would be 🙂

-Magnus

• I compromised the feature that this logic was part of. If you figure out a way to get this working smoothly though please let us know!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Allow admin to sort a list using Repeater field’ is closed to new replies.